Saturday, January 5, 2013

Look It's the First Post!

Hi, this is my book blog. I love books so I decided to start a blog about them. I'll be reviewing a ton of books. Not all of them will be recent or upcoming releases, because I feel that all books deserve a chance if they are good so books could come from any year. at first it will probably be ones that have been released for a while because those are easier to get access to. The books will also be mostly YA with the occasional MG (an adult might even sneak in there once in a while).

I won't do too many features, because this is about books and book reviews not how many cool features I can cram into one week. A feature I will do regularly is Manga Monday hosted by Allison Can Read Too.  I'll also try and participate in Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish because who doesn't like top 10 lists. I might even start s feature of my own you never know.

That's all for this intro post. I just have one more thing to add. I'm going to attempt holding a giveaway to commemorate the beginning of my blog. At the end of the week I will award one lucky person their choice of  one book that I review in this first week. All you have to do to win is leave a comment with their e-mail address included. The winner will be announced next Saturday. Thanks and I hope this will be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice intro. You let your readers know what to expect very succinctly. You have a very conversational tone which will draw a following. Well done. (One idea: you might like to read your post through aloud before you put it up to make sure everything is just how you want it, and you don't have any typos or grammar mistakes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Amelia! It's such a fun community and you'll end up finding out about oodles of new books. If you want to spread the word about your blog, I'd recommend getting a follower widget for the sidebar of your blog. And if you're interested, check out the Follow Friday meme that I (Alison Can Read) co-host with Parajunkee every Friday. There are usually 150-200 participants.
    Oh, and here's my email: alisoncanread at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the follower widget motion! =))

      Delete
  3. Heey, welcome to the blogging world! Like you, I just started my new blog this January. Well, had a legit post on January 1 =)) I hope we can become great friends too! (Okay, that sounded a little creepy.)

    Here's my e-mail: gelliephilic at yahoo dot com
    Gellie@ A Discombobulated Balladry

    ReplyDelete